Senior Technical Program Manager
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
About the Role
The Amazon Selling Partner Listings Experience team provides the core technologies and user experiences that power the ability for all Selling Partners to create and manage their product listings on Amazon. Sellers and Vendors use different listing tools (on Seller Central and Vendor Central respectively) to create and manage their listings on Amazon. While almost all product categories (99%) on Vendor Central are powered by one metadata store, product categories on Seller Central are predominantly powered by a legacy 3P metadata store. The goal of the Supplier Listing Singularity (SALSA) program is to ensure that all 3P product categories used by Sellers on Seller Central are powered by the unified metadata store (UMP), thus driving consistency between Seller and Vendor product data and improving overall Customer buying experience. The Selling Partner Experience team is looking for a Senior Program Manager for a business-critical program (SALSA) that aims to improve Selling Partner and Customer experience by ensuring a consistent listing experience and higher listing quality. The technical program manager will serve as the voice of the Seller during a critical phase in this program’s execution and will be the end to end owner of all features which define the Seller experience. This candidate will work with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely execution of testing strategies, dialing up of key features across product categories and stores, and stakeholder communication. They will need to be customer focused, have significant experience with managing consumer technology products or services, and be comfortable working with large data sets and solving complex problems through the use of scalable mechanisms. As a senior technical program manager, you will have the opportunity to lead highly impactful program and engage not only with cross-functional teams within Listings, but also with other Amazon orgs such as Catalog, Retail, B2B, Marketplace to implement your program strategy and drive execution. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus execution speed and inspire risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
Key job responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of the Seller and Vendor listing experience, and listing metadata.
• Develop user stories and a tech feature roadmap based on research into the Seller and Vendor listing experience, and prioritize features based on business impact.
• Manage cross-team dependencies, risks, and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
• Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions, and timelines across multiple teams and organizations
• Establish business processes and policies, as well as metrics and indicators for success
• Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Great problem solving skills, desire to solve problems that have no textbook solution
• Experience working with or leading teams following agile software development practices (Scrum, Kanban, etc). • Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
• Great presentation and written communication skills, and has the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.